Thursday, 15 December 2011
Sample question paper, Mapping our genes,
Std: X Biology. Principles of Genetics
Q1. Answers in Short (1 mark / 2 marks each)
1. Who is called the father of Genetics?
2. Define: Chromosome.
3. Which plant did Mendel select?
4. What are the reasons for the success of Mendel’s work?
5. Name the seven pairs of characters used by Mendel in his work
.6. What is Monohybrid ratio?
7. What is Dihybrid ratio?
8. What is law of Dominance?
9. State the law of Segregation.
10. What is law of independent assortment?
11. What is Law of incomplete dominance?
12. Explain multiple Allelism
13. State the difference between Monohybrid and Dihybrid ratio.
14. What is homozygous and heterozygous?
15. What is phenotype and genotype?
16. What is Dominant and Recessive?
17. What are autosomes?
18. What are sex-linked genes? Give example.
19. Name the diseases caused due to X linked genes.
20. Name the disease caused due to Y linked genes.
Q2. Explain Monohybrid ratio with suitable example and figure (5 marks)
Q3.Explain Dihybrid Ratio with suitable example and figure (5 marks)
Q4.Explain the Mendel’s law of Genetics with figure and suitable example. (5 marks)
Q5. Explain the exceptions to Mendel’s law. (5 marks)
Q6. Explain the importance of Mendel’s Law (5 marks)
Q7. Explain Colour blindness / Haemophilia with proper charts. (4 marks each)